2023 High School Job Shadow Application and Dates Announced
The High School Job Shadow program offers students a front-row seat to the prosecutor’s role in the criminal justice system. Students who demonstrate a strong interest in a career in criminal justice are selected to participate in the program. The experience allows students the opportunity to shadow a variety of professionals and learn about topics ranging from Criminal Justice 101 to white-collar crime to human trafficking. They also observe court proceedings, including trials. An exciting incentive for students of the program is one-on-one time with prosecutors to discuss what they observed in the courtroom.
- Applicants must reside and/or attend school in Knox County
- Applicants must be rising juniors or seniors in high school at the time they apply
- Applicants must commit to attending the entire program
- Online application form
- Letter of recommendation from an adult, other than a family member
- Background check (to be completed by the Office of the District Attorney General)
- Email the contact listed below to receive the online application form.
- The reference letter should be emailed or mailed separately to the contact listed below by April 19.
- Application Deadline: April 19, 2023
- Program Acceptance Notice: May 12, 2023
- Job Shadow Week: June 26-29 or July 10-13, 2023
Dress Code: Business Casual
Program Contact Information:
Community Affairs Director
Office of the District Attorney General
PO Box 1468, Knoxville, TN 37901