2022 District Attorney General’s High School Job Shadow Announced
The High School Job Shadow program offers students a front row seat to the prosecutor’s role in the criminal justice system. Students who demonstrate a strong interest in a career in criminal justice are selected to participate in the program. The experience allows students the opportunity to shadow a variety of professionals and learn about topics ranging from Criminal Justice 101 to white collar crime to human trafficking. They also observe court proceedings, including trials. An exciting incentive for students of the program is one-on-one time with prosecutors to discuss what they observed in the courtroom.
- Applicants must reside and/or attend school in Knox County
- Applicants must be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors in high school at the time they apply
- Applicants must commit to attend the entire program, June 6-9, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Online application form
- Letter of recommendation from an adult, other than a family member
- Background check (to be completed by the Office of the District Attorney General)
- Email the contact listed below to receive the online application form.
- The reference letter should be emailed or mailed separately to the contact listed below by April 4.
- Application Deadline: April 4, 2022
- Program Acceptance Notice: April 12, 2022
- Job Shadow Week: June 6-9, 2022
Dress Code: Business Casual